kESI - postdoc position offer
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE
kESI - kernel-based method of electrophysiological source imaging
The Neuroinformatics Laboratory (https://neuroinflab.wordpress.com/)
at the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy
of Sciences (NENCKI, www.nencki.gov.pl),
headed by Prof. Daniel Wójcik (http://www.neuroinf.pl/Members/danek)
invites applications for a postdoctoral position available as part of a nationally funded project (NCN OPUS). Funding is available till January 2019 with possible extension till January 2020.
The goal of the project is to develop and implement a new technique of source localization of specific events in neural activity, such as a seizure, from multimodal imaging data, including ECoG (strip and grid electrodes), depth electrophysiological recordings, and MRI data from humans. The method will be validated with ground truth model data and tested on clinical data obtained from epilepsy patients. The fellow will build on already existing tools and techniques developed in the lab, see especially Potworowski et al. 2012 and Ness et al. 2015.
- PhD, preferred in physics/biophysics, mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering, computational neuroscience or related fields
- Strong interest in brain research
- Preference for people with experience in one or more of: numerical solutions of PDEs, electrodynamics, computational neuroscience, brain imaging
- Advanced programming experience, Python preferred
- Exceptional motivation for scientific research
(demonstrated in former education record, additional courses completed,
list of publications and conferences attended, previous scientific
experience, references of the candidate's thesis advisor,
- Proficiency in English
The application should contain the following documents/information:
- CV including the list of publications, scholarships and awards, list of computational projects in which the candidate participated (preferably with links to the project website/publication or the candidate's GitHub account).
- Copy of PhD diploma
- The applicant should arrange for one to three letters of recommendation to be sent directly to Prof. Wojcik or provide contact information (email, phone) for the referees in the cover letter.
Application deadline: We are accepting applications until the position is filled
Short-listed candidates with the highest score will be selected for personal or online interviews.
To apply or ask for further information send email to firstname.lastname@example.org